Saturday, December 8, 2012

Family Photograph from the 1910s

The photograph is from the early 1910s (circa 1912-1913), probably taken in Saint Joseph, Missouri. The people in the picture are my ancestors:

Standing:  Marie Agnes (Theissen) and Casimir Theodore Yehle, my grandparents

Sitting with child:  Anna C. (Sturm) and Michael Germing, my 2nd great grandparents. The child is Casimir Capistran Yehle, my father. He was born in 1910.

The individuals on either end are Katherine (Germing) and Lambert Yehle, my great grandparents.

[The identifications have been corrected thanks to Dennis Kemper who's grandmother, Mary Veronica Germing Kemper identified them many years ago. Thank you Dennis for sharing.]

Marie Agnes Theissen was adopted following the death in 1887 of her biological mother, Maria Itirwer (Hatch). Even though her biological father, Vincent, Hatch, lived until 1919 and did remarry in 1889, the six daughters were given up to an orphanage.

Katherine (Germing) is the daughter of Michael and Anna Germing and the sister of Mary Veronica Kemper and Susan Cecelia Loutch.

This photograph came to me via my Aunt who died in 2000 in Missouri. My trip to Trenton Missouri in 2006 resulted in collecting a treasure trove of photo albums and other memorabilia.

Richard Yehle
Sacramento CA




No comments:

Post a Comment